Carrots (any amount-I use 3-4lbs because I make bulk quantities.)
- If you use regular carrots wash with veggie brush to remove ALL dirt or peel the carrots. Slice into sticks or if you have a food processor with a slicer slice the carrots
- Put enough water over the carrots to barely cover the top.
- Boil until tender-not mushy. They should still hold their shape but be soft.
- Turn off heat and let cool 5 minutes.
- Place into food processor or blender. Puree until you reach the consistancy that you desire.
- Let cool.
- Place pureed carrots from processor into ice cube trays and freeze.
- Once frozen place in freezer bag and place bag in freezer.
- Defrost the needed amount of cubes as necessary.
- Place in Freezer jars (use jars especially made for the freezer such as Ball/Kerr Blue Label canning jars). Using a wide mouth funnel helps prevent spills.
- Leave HEAD SPACE of about 1-1/2 inches.
- Place in freezer. Defrost 1 jar as needed. (To defrost jars move from freezer to refrigerator overnight.)
- BEFORE placing in jar use a mess strainer over a bowl and place 8 oz carrot in the strainer.
- Press the carrots until the juice no longer comes out.
- Move the carrots from the strainer to jars. Use a wide mouth strainer to prevent spilling the carrots.
- Repeat this process until all carrots have been strained.
- Take the strained juice and place in freezer jars using a wide mouth funnel.