Thursday, January 28, 2010

Advice to Ladies about Valentines day & Other Gifts

So often I hear women complain "he didn't get me what I WANTED for Valentine's Day!" or "I gave him hints but he didn't get it"  And I hear from men "DON'T GIVE ME HINTS"...

MEN DON'T GET HINTS! THEY ARE NOT IGNORING YOU, THEY JUST DON'T COMPREHEND IT! Give them a break; if you want something tell them!

Ladies,


Don't drop hints to your husbands, boyfriends, fiances about Valentines day. Tell them what you would like. If you want it to be a surprise...give him a list of things that you would be happy to have. I tell my husband all the time "don't buy me flowers, they die, I want something that is useful and lasts".

I'm not against flowers, but I don't want him to spend alot of money on them. I would much rather have a $10 bouquet from Wal-Mart for a "just because" than to have him spend $50-$150 to get me roses on Valentines day.

Don't make it hard on the men, then be disappointed when you didn't get what you wanted! He's my list of general items that I would like to have for special occasions:

-Housework Coupon Book
-Gift Certificate for a message
-A personal message by hubby
-New houseplant
-New attachments for KitchenAid
-Dark Chocolate
-Coupon for a free morning to sleep in past 0500
-Coupon for a free afternoon
-Homemade by him Chocolate Dipped Strawberries

These may not be expensive things but are things that I like and would rather have than flowers that die.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments!!!