Wednesday, February 24, 2010

MOM Creed

~Parody of The Army NCO Creed! I know all my mom friends will LOVE this one, especially my fellow Army wives.~ Originally written February 13, 2010


MOM Creed-~By Bridgette Spurlock

May no one be more loving than I. I am a mother, a guidance to my children. As a mother, I realize that I am the member of the family, which is known as "The Heart of the Family". I am proud of to be a mother and will at all times conduct myself so as to bring credit upon God, my husband and my children regardless of the situation in which I find myself. I will not use or neglect my family to attain personal pleasure.

Optimism and Endurance are my watchwords. My two main responsibilities will always be uppermost in my mind -- health & well being of my family and the state of my home. I will strive to remain loving and patient. I am aware of my role as a mother. I will fulfill all my responsibilities inherented in this role. All children are entitled to understanding and guidance; I will provide these. I know my children and I will always place their needs above my own. I will communicate consistently with my family and never leave them uninformed. I always will be fair and impartial when considering both rewards and punishment.

My husband will have maximum time to accomplish his duties; he will not have to accomplish mine. I will earn his respect and confidence as well as that of my children. I will be faithful to those within my family. I will exercise initiative by taking appropriate action in my daily activities. I will not compromise my integrity, nor my moral obligations. I will not forget, nor will I allow my children to forget that I am their mother, momma, MOM!

~By Bridgette Spurlock

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments!!!