Banana Baby Food:
Lemon Juice or Orange Juice or "Fresh Fruit" by Ball used for canning
Add bananas to food processer with 1-2 TSP citric juice or fresh fruit. (I use both). Turn on, add water until the desired consistancey is achieved. The younger the baby, the thinner you want your bananas. If you get it too thin, it's ok. Just add baby cereal to it when preparing the baby's food.
To freeze, use either the ice tray method or jar method:
- Place pureed bananas from processor into ice cube trays and freeze.
- Once frozen place in freezer bag and place bag in freezer.
- Defrost the needed amount of cubes as necessary.
- Place in pureed bananas in Freezer jars, using a wide mouth funnel helps prevent spills. (use jars especially made for the freezer such as Ball/Kerr Blue Label canning jars).
- Leave HEAD SPACE of about 1-1/2 inches.
- Place in freezer. Defrost 1 jar as needed. (To defrost jars move from freezer to refrigerator overnight.)
(1 jar usually last 1 week for my son because i mix his food with oatmeal or barley)