Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Carrot and Apple Juice Using A Kitchen Ninja

If you have ever heard of Matt Maddix, a dynamic outreach evangelist, you know his passion for a healthy lifestyle almost matches his passion for evangelism. 

I heard him talk about using his Jack Lalane Juicer to make Carrot and Apple Juice. So I decided to "short cut" making with things I had on hand and my Kitchen Ninja. I'm writing this, finally, after we discussed my Kitchen Ninja vs the Jack Lalane in a Facebook post.  I prefer my Ninja because I love the pulp, and in pulp there is SO many unknown nutrients and health benefits that we don't even know about yet.

Software:
Simple Apple: Apple Juice  (it's "cloudy" so BETTER, according to webmd, than the clear apple juice...and Natural News agrees as well)
2 WHOLE CARROTS (NEVER EVER buy Baby Carrots, they are coated in Chlorine)

Hardware:
Knife
Peeler
Kitchen Ninja
Your favorite glass :-)



Wash and peel the carrots. Chop off the ends.
(Save these scraps to add to your compost pile or into your garden spot for fertilizer. Live in an apartment? Google container composting and gardening)
Chop each carrot into 3-4 pieces. Toss in the Ninja and chop until the blades don't reach the pulp any longer.

Next add in apple juice. I start with 2 cups.  Blend until the carrot pulp looks "sandy" along the rim.

 Taste test.... too many carrots? Add more apple juice. I usually end up adding more juice, about 2 cups more.
 The finished product will leave tiny pieces of carrots on the glass.
  (I LOVE I LOVE LUCY!!! Redheads are awesome!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments!!!